About Me

I am currently 17 years old. All I want to do is kayak, all I dream about is kayaking, and all I talk about is kayaking. Call it obsession call it passion. What ever it is I am loving life and woo hoo this is a fun ride and I hope you enjoy my adventures.

Christmas Day Todo Palguine

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, the kayakers were sleeping and dreaming of stouts.
Continuing my stay in Chile I had the pleasure of having an 80 degree Christmas. The lack of snow was made up in the amount of vertical feel there is to paddle. The group staying at Pucon Kayak Hostel and I  did Todo Palguine on Christmas day witch means running the Palguine from top to bottom. The Palguine has three sections upper, middle, and lower. All of these sections done together add up to a quite full on run. The upper is the most run of the sections and is the section we race in the Palguine race. The section is between the end of the upper and middle is full on consisting of a crack to pool to 20 footer called portage drop separating that and boof to swim is a portage. Boof to swim a 15 footer that lands in a hole. The middle section is a sideways 10 foot boof into 30 feet of boils in a walled in section to a 70 footer. The lower is more continues with more technical moves and bolder gardens. I did everything except for walking one portage with wood in it and Brendans drop witch is named after the person who died in the cave at the end 10 years ago. We had an injury on portage drop and one of us took a hit to the shoulder while going over it upside down witch is a usual line on that drop.  I ran stout 10 for the first time witch is the entrance into Middle Palguine. The run went real well other then our one injury and it was the best Christmas present I could have had.
Middle Palguine
Photo by: Seth Dow

Bridge Above Stout 10
Photo by: Seth Dow

No comments:

Post a Comment